Locked out of either your home or your car in Queen Creek, San Tan Valley or anywhere in the east valley? How you handle the situation is very important to your safety. Keep in mind that experts agree that you find a locksmith before you need one. Read more about finding a GOOD locksmith here.
Here are 6 things to do to ensure your health and safety until help arrives.
6 Things to Do If You’re Locked Out
1. Don’t Panic
Getting locked out is definitely really stressful. You feel helpless and scared. Obviously, panic can easily take over. Unquestionably, the worst thing that you can do is to panic.
Importantly, you must stay calm. Indeed the first thing that you need to do is carefully consider your options. Perhaps a friend or relative can bring you a spare key. Clearly, staying calm will keep you from making a mistake.
2. Get to a Safe Place
Without a doubt, the most important thing is your safety. Furthermore, yours and your family’s safety must be your top priority. If you’re locked out at night, find a well lit and populated area to wait for help.
If the locked house or car is located in a safe area then stay there so that help can find you easily. It should be noted that roaming around makes it hard for help to find you.
3. Stay Hydrated
Clearly, we live in a very arid area that is basically reclaimed desert land. In the summer months, there is a real danger of dehydration and even death. Importantly, if you are close to a local restaurant or other place where water is found, go there and drink water. Furthermore, drinking water will prevent dehydration.
Obviously, water is the best option for re-hydration. Drinks such as teas or soda contain Diuretics actually increase urine and can cause dehydration. Avoiding teas and sodas helps to keep you hydrated.
4. Stay in a Shaded Area
Shade is another great way to help combat dehydration. Direct sunlight causes you to sweat which causes a loss of body moisture. Find a tree or better yet, get indoors to an air conditioned environment. Undoubtedly, keeping your body temperature down helps to prevent dehydration as well.
5. Don’t Waste Time and Energy
There are people that think the local police and fire departments will open their car or home for free. Besides being incorrect, calling local city or county agencies for lock outs is a waste of time and energy. Additionally, these agencies no longer help with lock outs because of legal liabilities.
Many lockout victims use Google to find a locksmith. Unquestionably, this is a double edged sword. Google is full of scammer locksmiths listings. These companies will charge more than they quote and provide sub-par service. Conversely, having the number of a trustworthy locksmith, will guarantee that you get back in safely.
6. Call a Trusted Local Locksmith
Obviously, you want to avoid getting scammed by a scammer “locksmith”. Again, find a trusted locksmith before you get locked out. Once you find one, add their phone number to your phone’s contact list.
Make Local Locksmith your trusted east valley locksmith. Add our telephone number to your contact list for faster service. Local Locksmith – 480.570.5391
- We Do What Other Locksmiths Can’tSome locksmiths are not able to do everything necessary to satisfy their customers. Local Locksmith has a wide range of experience and expertise.
- Too Hot for You? Way Too Hot For Them!Undoubtedly, the summer months are a great time to get out and enjoy the outdoors but is it too hot for your furry friends.
- Locked Out? What to do When You’re Back InGetting locked out is not fun but what should you do to keep it from happening again. Here are a few things that you can do to prevent yourself from getting locked out.
- Are You Being Scammed by Your Locksmith?Unscrupulous locksmiths often use out of state call centers to dispatch their technicians. Avoid these questionable companies by following these simple rules.
- Special Tools When We Need ThemOne of our customers ordered their own locks from the internet. This is a practice that can be troublesome and in this case, proved to be exactly that.
Read more helpful tips and how to information by visiting our blog page.