Do you Really Know Who ELSE Has Copies of Your House Keys
When you purchased your new home can you really be sure you got the only copies of the keys?
In Queen Creek and San Tan Valley houses are selling quickly. Unfortunately, if one of the previous owners have never changed their locks or had them rekeyed, you’re setting yourself up for disaster.
You can’t really be certain if a previous owner or renter has kept a copy of your house’s key. They could pick a time when you are not home and let themselves in to steal your belongings. Obviously, an even worse scenario would be if a previous key holder used your key to come back and cause you physical harm.
Keeping Your House Safe
A simple and easy way to keep other key holders out of your house, is to have the locks rekeyed. Lock rekeying is a process of changing the lock combination so that previous keys will not work. Undoubtedly, this method is inexpensive and can be done in a short time frame.
Did You Know?
Besides, previous owners having a copy of your house keys, some housing tract developers have master keyed all locks in the development.
Master keying is the process of combinating house locks so that only one key is needed by sales and building staff. Importantly, anybody that has a copy of the master key, can use it to get into your house. Even if your home is several years old, you really don’t know who has a copy of that master key.
A master pinned lock is particularly dangerous if your house has never had the locks rekeyed or replaced. An unscrupulous developer employee or contractor, can use the master key to get into your home.
Local Locksmith can quickly and economically change the key combination to all of your locks and insure that your are more secure in your home.
Call Local Locksmith TODAY!
Do you Know Who ELSE Has Copies of Your Mailbox Keys
Additionally, after having their home rekeyed, most people forget that previous owners could have mailbox key copies too. Clearly, an untrustworthy person could open your mailbox and use their key to steal your mail or packages.
Local Locksmith can change your mailbox lock quickly and for less than other vendors charge. Plus we are available any day of the week to change your mailbox locks.
We also give discounts if your have us change your mailbox lock at the same time that we rekey your house. Ask about this discount when you call for your rekey appointment.
Call Us Today to Secure Your Mail!
- We Do What Other Locksmiths Can’tSome locksmiths are not able to do everything necessary to satisfy their customers. Local Locksmith has a wide range of experience and expertise.
- Too Hot for You? Way Too Hot For Them!Undoubtedly, the summer months are a great time to get out and enjoy the outdoors but is it too hot for your furry friends.
- Security Tip #1 – Keeping Your Home SecureWhen your deadbolt was originally installed, the installer might not have done everything within their power to make certain that it is does it’s job properly.
- Are You Being Scammed by Your Locksmith?Unscrupulous locksmiths often use out of state call centers to dispatch their technicians. Avoid these questionable companies by following these simple rules.
- Special Tools When We Need ThemOne of our customers ordered their own locks from the internet. This is a practice that can be troublesome and in this case, proved to be exactly that.
Read more helpful tips and how to information by visiting our blog page.