Getting Locked Out is No Fun
Obviously, getting locked out is definitely not fun. However, after you get back in, how do you keep from having it happen again.
3 Tips to Help The Next Time
There are many things that you can do to keep from being locked out again. Here are just a few things that you can do to:
- Make a Key Copy – Get the Local Locksmith technician to make you a copy of your door key then give the copy to a trusted neighbor or local friend. This will hopefully prevent lockouts in the future.
- Hide a Key Copy – Hiding a key in a very secure place around your home is an excellent way to prevent lockouts. To add a bit of security to the key copy, place the key in a lockbox that is permanently secured to the structure in a hidden location. There are also other products that allow you to hide keys on your property such as fake rocks.
- Electronic Locks – There are many different models of electronic locks that require a code to be entered rather than the use of a key. When shopping for one of these locks, make certain that they are weather resistant enough to endure the climatic changes in your area.
3 More Tips to Help The Next Time
- Cellphone Enabled Electronic Locks – The technology for cellphone locks is getting better all the time. There are now many different models of electronic locks that can be controlled by your cell phone rather than having to use of a key. When shopping for one of these locks, make certain that they are weather resistant enough to endure the climatic changes in your area and that they do have a key override in the event that their batteries fail.
- Keeping Extra Key Copies – Keep single key copies in your car or wallet so that they can be used in case of an emergency such as this. Keep in mind that you should always return the extra key back to its hiding place right after you use it.
- Don’t Hide a Key in an Obvious Place – Hiding a key under the mat or above the door is asking for trouble. Many thieves check these common places first before resorting to other methods of entry. Other places to avoid are: rain gutters, glove-boxes in an unlocked car, window ledges and any other place that you can think of that is too obvious.
We’re There When You Need Us
If you have exhausted all other methods to get into your home yourself, call Local Locksmith now and well get you back in as fast as we can.
- We Do What Other Locksmiths Can’tSome locksmiths are not able to do everything necessary to satisfy their customers. Local Locksmith has a wide range of experience and expertise.
- Too Hot for You? Way Too Hot For Them!Undoubtedly, the summer months are a great time to get out and enjoy the outdoors but is it too hot for your furry friends.
- Security Tip #1 – Keeping Your Home SecureWhen your deadbolt was originally installed, the installer might not have done everything within their power to make certain that it is does it’s job properly.
- Are You Being Scammed by Your Locksmith?Unscrupulous locksmiths often use out of state call centers to dispatch their technicians. Avoid these questionable companies by following these simple rules.
- Special Tools When We Need ThemOne of our customers ordered their own locks from the internet. This is a practice that can be troublesome and in this case, proved to be exactly that.
Read more helpful tips and how to information by visiting our blog page.