Do you have car starting problems? You could have inadvertently caused them yourself.
Unquestionably, some people really love being fashionable. They dress in the latest fashions, use decorative phone cases and even have “bling” in their car. Nevertheless, these decorative or bling rings, installed around a vehicle’s ignition, cause starting problems. This post illustrates why these cute decorative rings need to be avoided.
Car Starting Problems? Why Bling Rings Are A Problem
Most newer cars and trucks have an anti-theft device called an immobilizer. This immobilizer prevents vehicle theft by verifying that the correct vehicle key or fob is present before the car can start.
The Immobilizer and Immobilizer Ring
Additionally, the immobilizer being just another computer in the car, is connected to the internal vehicle network. Finally, this computer is designed to read the digital signature coming from the transponder key or fob to see if the correct one is being used.
The immobilizer receives a signal from the immobilizer ring that is installed either around the ignition lock or in a fob programming pocket. When the vehicle is switched on, the magnetic field in the immobilizer ring powers up the transponder key and the key’s data is sent to the immobilizer for verification. Finally, if the key data is verified successfully, the vehicle will start.
Starting Problems? It Might Be Blocked Connections
Without a doubt some love the look of the the bling ring. Unfortunately, the metal ring that is the mount for the faux jewels tends to block the transponder signal coming from the key. When that happens, the immobilizer can’t verify the proper key and the vehicle will not start.
Importantly, even push to start vehicles are not immunome from bling ring interference. When your vehicle fob stops working, most cars allow you to push the Start button with the fob (because the transponder is in the fob itself) to start the car. A bling ring will block the transponder signal and the car won’t start.
How to Prevent Starting Problems
Clearly, the best thing you can do is to ditch the bling rings. Finding another less obstructive way to stylize your car will keep it running and avoiding bling rings will save you time, money and frustration. Clearly, bling rings are definitely a definite fashion don’t.
Call Local Locksmith TODAY!
- Starting Problems and Your New Bling RingSome folks really love to be fashionable. They dress in the latest fashions, have decorative cell phone cases and even put “bling” in their car.
- How do Transponder Keys WorkA chip key or technically called a transponder key, gets it’s name because of the electronic “chip” that is embedded into the key’s head
- It’s Buyer Beware For Online Keys and FobsWhile it may seem that there are advantages to buying keys on line, caveat emptor, let the buyer beware.
- Your Honda’s Ignition is About to FailHonda vehicles are known for their popularity and durability unless you’re talking about their ignition systems that is.
- Key Ring Junk Can Cost You Money?Some people use their keychains to hold many different thing. They put quick checkup tags on them. Adorn them with mementos of fun time. Hang tools from them.
Read more helpful tips and how to information by visiting our blog page.